Rehabilitation of schools and strengthening of education services for students through community oriented approaches.
- Project location : Peshawar District and Malakand Division
- Project start and end dates : 1st July 2010 to 30th June 2011
- No. of Direct Beneficiaries : A total of at least 13,200 students and youth:Approximately 12,000 students benefiting from improved teaching and learning environment in schools through established SMCs and School Improvement Plans (SIPs)
- To improve school environment at 15 government schools by addressing short and long term rehabilitation, infrastructure support needs through development of SIPs and formation of SMCs as per the standards of MOE;
- To establish computer laboratories in 8 government (High and Higher Secondary schools amongst the 15 already identified and targeted for infrastructure and rehabilitation support) schools, accessible to youth from refugee as well as local communities.
Project Deliverables and Results :
Greater social cohesion and empowerment through restoration of social services and infrastructures in refugee-affected and hosting areas;
BEFARe under RAHA initiative is implementing another project; BEFARe-E2, supported by UNHCR, is also supporting the refugees and host communities in District Peshawar and Malakand Division through rehabilitation of school services at 15 Ministry of Education schools and improved learning opportunities accessible to children and youth from refugee and hosting communities. The school rehabilitation will benefit around 12,000 local students enrolled in these schools in the mornings, who will have access to improved learning facilities; whereas, over 1000 students enrolled in these schools will have access to computer learning as well; while at least 200 Afghan and local communities will benefit from the program in the afternoon sessions after schools hours, where Afghan and locals will have equal opportunity to gain and enhance IT skills.