Strengthening capacities of government technical and vocational training institutes to provide improved and demand driven services to local and Afghan refugee youth.
- Project location : Peshawar District and Malakand Division .
- Project start and end dates : 1st July 2010 to 30th June 2011
- No. of Direct Beneficiaries : 1240 individuals: 240 direct beneficiaries and at least over 1000 students in technical trainings institutes
- To improve livelihood and local economies in refugee-affected and hosting areas by strengthening government technical training institutes to provide quality vocational skills training to both Afghan refugee and local communities.
- To strengthen capacities of ten government technical training institutes in Peshawar and Malakand divisions and ensure that 240 Afghan and local hosting community youth have better access to and avail vocational skills and entrepreneurial training that improve their livelihood situations
Project Deliverables and Results :
- Component – I: Ten technical training institutes equipped and revitalized to offer demand driven trainings
- Component – II: 240 local and Afghan refugee youth improve their livelihoods with demand driven vocational skills and enterprise development training
BEFARe with the support of UN under its RAHA initiative is implementing a project; BEFARe-E1 in District Peshawar and Malakand Division titling “To improve livelihood and local economies in refugee-affected and hosting areas by strengthening 10 government technical training institutes to provide quality vocational skills training to both Afghan refugee and local communities”. BEFARe is intervening through a two-pronged strategy focusing: i) Address needs identified by strengthening incapacitated government technical training institutes. The proposed initiative will complement and collaborate with the national programs implemented under NAVTEC and ii) To provide training to Local and Afghan local community youth at the capacitated government technical training institutes.