Supporting Transparency Accountability and Electoral Process in Pakistan STAEP-2• Project location : Attock
• Project start and end dates : December 2013 to June 2014
- Conduct election observation
- Voter education
- Election analysis
- Promote citizen participation in governance and democratic process
- Engaging youth and religious leader in election process
- Monitoring local governance, political and electoral violence.
The purpose of the project is to focus on the CNIC and Vote Registration and also creating awareness in community to understand the importance of national identification and importance of vote in democratic process of the country.
Monitoring local governance phase of the project required to collect information about various aspects of local governance at the district level against the standardized checklist provided by FAFEN Secretariat.BEFARe team also touched upon the marginalized community and enlisted those people who have not registered themselves as citizens of Pakistan. Materials that have been distributed in the meetings are banner, brochures, vote application form and CNIC guise details.
Advocacy activities include press briefings, meetings with elected representative, engaging with relevant stakeholders, voting age youth, campaigns, meeting with women and religious leaders.